Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Excited about Grandfather Mtn Marathon

It's a tough hilly race - but also one of the few summer marathons in the south, and very scenic and beautiful, starting on the ASU campus and ending amongst the Highland Games, the annual Scottish heritage festival where grown men in skirts throw telephone poles and huge stone hammers and drink epic quantities of whiskey. Should be amusing to see then!

I've managed a series of 10 mile runs lately and I think having the goal of a big race has helped focus me. I'm thinking I should always have one on deck - after Grandfather, something in August would be nice.

Time to go check out Marathon Guide!

Best source for race planning I've found.

1 comment:

  1. did you know I'm an ASU grad? the scottish games are awesome. a real spectacle. but grandfather marathon is seriously tough.

    ReplyDelete