Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Pieces are Falling into Place

I now have 13 ten mile runs in the last 30 days. These are all solid runs at 725 pace or better, and they have felt progressively more natural and comfortable especially in the last week. I feel like I now have the base to go for 12 and 13 mile runs, and to do some more focused speed work which will probably take the form of 10x400 runs at a local track in the 1:30 or 6 minute pace neighborhood.

I have also been better about my diet in the past few weeks. I have cut ice cream, pizza, burgers, soda, and substituted popsicles, tomato sandwiches, Gatorade, and salmon or tuna - and a few ounces of whey protein after each run.

I think I will be ready for a very good race at Grandfather on July 10. And then Baltimore in October. My plan is to qualify for Boston and then run it next April in 3 hours or better. Boo yah.

10 miles at 717 pace

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on the blog! I am following the C25K plan. I just started running 6 weeks ago now.. so I am on Week 6 Day 1 tomorrow. It seems to gradually build you up. The 20 minute run was really tough.

    ReplyDelete